Updated: August 31, 2020
The Company qualifies as a Data Controller under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of The European Parliament and of The Council of 27 April 2016 (General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”)). As such, we aim to comply with all legal obligations which the GDPR implies on Data Controllers.
2. Notice Concerning Children
Please Note: We are a general audience site, and do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Website user is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account.
3. Information Collection Practices
3.1. What Basic Information Does the Website Collect? In operating the Website, Company may include newsletters, online commenting areas, and other online forms that ask users to provide their names, e-mail addresses, and other contact information.
3.2. What Additional Information Does Company Collect?
(a) Automatic Collection. Our servers automatically recognize visitors’ domain names and IP addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet). No information identifying you, your home or business is revealed in this process. The Website may also gather anonymous “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
(b) Cookies. From time to time, we may use the standard “cookies” feature of major browser applications that allows us to store a small piece of data on your computer about your visit to our Website. Cookies help us learn which areas of our site are useful and which areas need improvement. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience at our Web site may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
4. Use and Sharing Information
4.1. What Does Company Do With Collected Information?
(a) Personal Information. We will not share your Personal Information with any third parties without your consent, except as necessary to provide you with the services offered by us or to comply with the law. We will use your information as a greater collection of data related to the site in traffic discussions in articles posted on the blog. No individual users visit, whether you or another visitor, are discussed. The aggregate data is used for education purposes only and no reader of the article will be able to identify you.
(b) Anonymous Information. We use anonymous information to analyze our Website traffic. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information will not be shared with any partners or advertisers.
(d) Disclosure of Personal Information. We may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Company or its parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates, (2) protect and defend the rights or property of Company or the users of the Website, or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Website.
(e) Sale of Information. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell or buy portions of our company or other companies or assets, including the information collected through this Website. If Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
(f) Access of Information. The majority of the data that we collect is anonymous and collected by analytics tools such as Facebook Pixel, we do not have access to that information and cannot review or enact changes, except that you may request that we remove all information about you from our database by contacting us at the following URL: https://barbellrehab.com/contact/
5. Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Website’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
6. Special Considerations for Residents of the State of California, USA in terms of the California Consumer Privacy Act, 2018
(a) Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Company disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (See Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
(b) Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Company deletes any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (See Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our record, unless an exception applies.
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
(c) Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either
- Calling us at 724-221-7555
- Visiting https://barbellrehab.com/contact/
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
(d) Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us we will deliver our written response to that account, if you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option:
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
(e) Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Company will not sell your personal information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we wiil not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services. Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
(g) Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your personal information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
The Website has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse, to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration.
8. Website Areas Beyond Company’s Control
8.1. Public Comments. The Website may include interactive sections such as commenting areas where visitors to the site can post comments. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
8.2. Third Party Websites. The Website contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we have no control over the privacy practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
9. Contact Information and Policy Updates
9.1. Contacting Us If you have any questions about this Policy, our practices related to this Website, or if you would like to have us remove your information from our database please feel contact us at the following:
email@example.com Barbell Rehab, LLC 2 W Main St Mt Pleasant, PA 15666
9.2. Updates and Changes. We reserve the right, at any time, to add to, change, update, or modify this Policy, simply by posting such change, update, or modification on the Website and without any other notice to you. Any such change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on the Website. It is your responsibility to review this Policy from time to time to ensure that you continue to agree with all of its terms.